JKhye

I Will Follow You

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Powerful 7.9

There was another earthquake in Indonesia on today.
A powerful earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale struck off the coast of Padang in southern Sumatra at about 6.17pm, causing tremors as far away as peninsular Malaysia.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre first issued a tsunami alert for Indonesia, Malaysia, India and Thailand, but later cancelled it.
I felt very dizzy and all my housemates and I started to evacuate the hostel.
This is my first experience and was quite shock.

2 comments:

jolene said...

really evacuate? i was at hostel that time.. but didnt feel anything...maybe skin too thick~wuahaha~~

JKhye Lim said...

To:Jolene
You really didn't feel anything ar..
Skin too thick??how thick oo??Haha
Maybe your hostel structure more stable than mine d..^^